Thursday, June 22

A Huge Moment For Me!

Ok, for some of you my recent scrapbook revelation is already second nature for you but for me it was HUGE.

Because of a slip disk in my neck I have been spending a lot of time on my couch. I have been using the time to catch up on my scrapbook reading. Last night I grabbed Stacey Jillian's (who is one of my all time favorite presenters) book, THE BIG PICUTRE, and I will never be the same. I know that sounds a little dramatic but it is true.

I had flipped though the book before like I do so many others, never really reading it, just looking cool layouts to maybe one day scrap lift. But something in the book made me REALLY READ it. If you do not have it or have just skimmed it you are missing the truly BIG picture behind the book. Her whole philosophy on scrapbooking and how to organize finished pages, for me, is so liberating. She does not worry, at all, about how “behind” she is. And she in no way scraps chronologically. She focuses instead on the moments and what they mean to the people she loves!

I know you are thinking “Duh Jody, you have been telling us that for years”. But it is one thing for me to preach it to you and another for me to really live it. Kinda like a do as I say not as I do thing. Anyway, I woke up this morning 10lbs. lighter from my guilt of 2001 being the last completed album I have on my shelf but more important I woke up excited about scrapbooking again!

Thank you so much for letting me babble. I wanted to share with ya’ll my scrapbook “AWAKENING” in hopes that someone else might need a good refocusing like I did! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Have a VERY HAPPY SCRAPPIN DAY!! Jody

P.S.– I almost did not write this this morning because we are out of the THE BIG PICTURE at the store. But was just so excited and wanted to share that I could not wait. Ami did order them this morning so they should be in next week if you would like one.

P.P.S– One of Stacey’s album ideas is a School album for each child with ONLY 5 pages for each year! WOW, I can do that and I am going to do it on July 8th at the store, IN ONE DAY! (or at least have a lot of fun trying!) If you want to join me check out the July calendar for more details. You can do it for yourself if you don’t have children, you can do it if you child just started or just
graduated college!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you "discovered" Staci's Big Picture. I have been raving about this one since it came out. It is liberating and I love her ideas for organizing your albums, pics, and stuff. Selena

Anonymous said...

"it is one thing for me to preach it to you and another for me to really live it."
This could apply to every area of our lives.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I treated myself to this book for my birthday! It has so many
helpful hints and bright ideas. I recommend THE [Big Picture]BOOK to everyone. I
know that soon my pages will be worn as I will refer to it often. What a great
find, Jody! Thanks for always being an inspiration.