Thursday, August 30

Group Project for Sept!

Visual DNA

As scrapbookers we know, more than anyone, that a picture can paint a 1000 words. But what do those pictures say about you? If you could describe yourself through pictures what pictures would you choose?
*
I was surfing one night and came across this site Imagini (see above box) and started playing. I thought this was one of the coolest things I have ever seen and I wanted to share it with ya'll and find a way for us to turn it into a scrapbook. A GROUP PROJECT was born.
*

What to do:
Click on Get Your Own VisualDNA (see top of page). This will take you to a website that I found. Follow the directions for getting your own visualdna. You will need to save your DNA and create a name (mine is jwaters4). This is all free and really a lot of fun and VERY easy. Have fun playing in the site and looking around.
*
Next email your results (send to friend) to jwaters4@suddenlink.net and amimizell@suddenlink.net . After we get the email you will then be able to add jwaters4 and amisu under your friends tab. You can also go to a persons profile page and at the top will be a red button that says "Add As Friend". That person will then need to add you as a friend and then you are Friends. :) You may need to click on your friends tab and add them as friends there. This sometimes takes a little while to all go through. BUT you do not need to do this part to do the project. This is just the comparison, something fun.
*
Next log onto scrapbookuniversityblogspot and post your user name so that others can add you as friends. What this does is allows you to compare your answers with the rest of us. For example Ami and I are only a 15% match on our answers. TOO FUNNY! I wonder which of you is a match for me (so sorry whoever you are) and who is a match to Ami. (note: you cannot "match" someone to you until you have added them as a "friend")
Ok, that is computer part, now onto scrapbooking.
*
I wanted us to do a type of journal together. I wanted it to be totally easy and completely STRESS FREE! So everyday I will post a question, for example, ART IS...., your job then is to find a Visual example of what ART IS to you. It can be a photography, a magazine cut out, something you printed off the Internet, etc. WHATEVER there is no right or wrong. Title the page ART IS.... paste the pic. and move on to the next day. If you miss a day DO NOT STRESS. I would like you to send me the pictures of each answer everyday. I will post the question and then publish all your pictures. I think it will totally cool to see what everyone picks.
*
If you want to take the project one step further you can actually journal about the picture and why you choose it to represent the question for you.
*
At the end of the month you will have compiled a journal of your VisualDNA. Pictures that represent you and what matters most to you in life.
*
(For my journal I covered a composition book with Black Cardstock and then copy, pasted and printed pictures from the website that were my answers- Stop by SU if you want to see it or have any questions)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Imagini user name is scrappinnell. Wynell

Anonymous said...

Ok, I did the DNA thing. It was pretty interesting. I emailed it to you and Ami, let me know if ya'll get it.

My login name is Selenatx and email is Selenatx@suddenlink.net

Thanks!!!
Selena

*Waters Family* said...

Yeah-
How fun. The emails are rolling in. Don't forget to post your user name so we can get you on as friends to compare!

You guys are FAST!
Now you need to get a compostition book (we have them at SU) and decorate it and be ready for the first "Question" on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Heh all, this is pretty neat. I can't wait to add you all to see who I match. My user name is SSimpson. See you there.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

I am having trouble getting mine emailed to Jody and Ami. This is fun. My user name is branallo.
Thanks. Barbara

Yoda said...

I am not certain if the email part worked, but my user name is Jabbs. (Shannon)

Anonymous said...

My Imagini DNA project Login name is TVSRN and my email is tvsrn@msn.com

Great idea!!
Tammy VS