Wednesday, February 27

Group Project 1st Word

TRUST
Main Entry: 1trust
Pronunciation: \ˈtrəst\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse traust trust; akin to Old English trēowe faithful — more at true
Date: 13th century
1 a: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something b: one in which confidence is placed2 a: dependence on something future or contingent : hope b: reliance on future payment for property (as merchandise) delivered : credit 3 a: a property interest held by one person for the benefit of another b: a combination of firms or corporations formed by a legal agreement; especially : one that reduces or threatens to reduce competition4archaic : trustworthiness5 a (1): a charge or duty imposed in faith or confidence or as a condition of some relationship (2): something committed or entrusted to one to be used or cared for in the interest of another b: responsible charge or office c: care, custody — in trust : in the care or possession of a trustee
Bonus word:
Friendship
Main Entry: friend·ship
Pronunciation: \ˈfren(d)-ˌship\
Function: noun
Date: before 12th century
1: the state of being friends 2: the quality or state of being friendly : friendliness 3 obsolete : aid
Ok girls, here are the first words. Remember you can do one, both, neither, etc. I am trying to pick words that could relate in some way if you are doing both of them. I will not be posting my layouts until the day after I post the words. I do not want my layouts to effect what you first think of with each word. ENJOY have FUN and remember this is supposed to be stress FREE.
Please send me pics. of your layouts when you get them done. AND please post in the comment area what your word is for the year.!!!!! Thanks so much for playing with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody, My year word is recovery. Can't wait to get started on my layouts. Barbara R.

*Waters Family* said...

I love that word and think it is perfect for you. I can't wait to see what you do with it not only in scrapbooking but in your life!

Love you
Jody