Sunday, April 27

A Note from Jody and Ami

Ok, I know I said I would keep up with the blog and have not been doing a good job at that. I am actually a little surprised (good surprised) by how many of you are saying you miss it. The problem with blogging is that unless people post you do not know if anyone out there is even reading your posts. Until, of course, they come into the store and complain. :)


Seriously, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that you not only read the blog but it is a part of your day!


So, last week I was in a serious FUNK! I don't know if it was finally the news about the store, being crazy busy at the school, some DUMB junk going on with a "friend", or me pouting because Bill had to work the track meet this weekend instead of going on our annual Bluebonnet trip. (I can do a serious pout). But blogging just did not seem to come. I tried and just was not in the mood. BUT I am better now. Took a serious 4 hour nap today and am all better.


I do want to address every one's fears of the store closing. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE END OF SCRAPBOOK UNIVERSITY! Ami and I have put way too much blood, sweat, and tears into building Scrapbook University. And more importantly, the friendships we have created with you. We have been through way too much with each of you. It is amazing how our "business" allowed us the honor of becoming friends with each of you. My memories of SU are filled with many tears, laughs, struggles, husband bashing and bragging, children frustrations, losses, weddings, and births. How many afternoons were spent just chatting about whatever, usually nothing life shattering yet somehow so important to our "girl bonding". Nothing has made us smile more than when you would just stop by on lunch hour or on your way home because SU was your "happy place". WOW what a compliment.


So we PROMISE, we love each of you too much just to "close the doors" and say goodbye. We will still be doing bookclub. One of my favorite ways of playing with ya'll. We will still be having crops at least once a month at someones home. I LOVE the store in Fredricksburg (and I love Fredricksburg). I will be going once a month probably to shop. You are all invited. What a great way to spend a Saturday. Shopping, lunch, a winery or two! We will also be keeping our contacts with several of our FAVORITE companies. I will be posting new lines if you want it let us know and we will get it. We will be staying in contact through the blog. THAT means you will have to post.



So this is not goodbye. Just a little change.

Serious FUN to come for all of us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog everyday and sometimes check it several times to see if anything new has been added. I am sad to see you go, since the very first time I walked in your store I felt at home and accepted. Scrapbookers are a different breed that don't judge or compare to anyone else. I deffinitely look forward to being in book club with you. We all go through changes in our lives and just have to stay positive through it. We must keep moving forward.

Selenaintx said...

You know, this has really brought on my tears. Both of you know SU has always been my home and such a huge part of my life. The friends I have made, the stories I have shared, and the fun I have had could have never happened without "the store". Five years is a long time and we all have been through alot together. It saddens me to see the end of this fantastic ride--which I guess really ended back in October, and it just breaks my heart. I hope we can all stay in touch and scrap together. I am so blessed to have met and welcomed all of you into my life.

Selena

Robynn said...

I understand being in a "funk". It came at a weird time what with the store annoucement and all. But I do check 3 or 4 times each day. I don't always post because it doesn't always pertain to me. But I do faithfully read. I am very glad to hear that things will continue on somehow, someway. I think that's what most of us are concerned about. We too would miss seeing you and Ami and our friends that we have made at SU if it were to suddenly end. It's nice to be reassured that SU is going to continue in some form.

Anonymous said...

The first thing I do when I come home is to check your blog. I usually check it 2-3 times a day. I don't post every time but have responded some. I didn't know we were suppose to unless you instructed us to....I am very sad........about the store. I want it to stay open.........It is my home away from home. I come pretty faithfully on Tues and Fridays unless Anna's activities interfere. Where will I go on Tuesdays..........I hope someone buys the store as a scrapbook store. Do you guys want to reconsider and give it another chance..........I am sad, sad, sad, sad.......... Do you know how sad I am? I am very very, very, very sad........ I love you guys......You are my family. I have met several people whom I call my friends and would not have met if it wasn't for Scrapbook University. I wish you both the very best. Love you guys. Barbara Ranallo

Anonymous said...

The first thing I do when I come home is to look and read the blog. I don't post often only when we are instructed to post. I have trouble doing the word verification. I can't always make out the letters. I am very sad....very sad..... the store is closing. You guys have done an awesome job. I wish you guys would reconsider and stay open. Scrapbook University is my home away from home. I am usually faithful coming on Tuesdays and Fridays unless Anna's activities interfere with my scrapping nights. I have met so many people and have developed close relationship with people that I would have not met if it wasn't for Scrapbook University. Jody and Ami, you are my family and I love you both. I wish you guys the very best. Did I tell you I am very sad........ Love Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hey Jody and Ami, I have written twice under this section and nothing has been printed. I will miss the store and you guys. I wish you all well. Barbara