Friday, June 13

Hello! and next group project, NYOBC, Plus more news


Ok, so sorry. Been a little crazy around here. BUT the most wonderful news: My son accepted Christ at VBS this week! So great. And I am so lucky to have Renea, Becky, Debbie, Regan, Colleen, and I am sure I am missing someone, anyway, such great friends who worked VBS and got to share this moment with me. So very exciting week.



I have also gone now for almost 2 weeks without AMI. This is really hard for me. I truly do not feel myself. But she will be home this weekend. YEAH. John is doing great and life should be back to normal soon! We will be sending out an email about when the store will be open next week. Look for a BIG sale. We need to get it all cleaned out! Perfect time for you to get some organizing stuff for your own scrap space this summer.


So next group project!



I am so excited about this one. Hint, Hint.

This project will go nicely with our ABC book. It is....... 1,2,3
Numbers play an important role in our lives. They can symbolize an important date, the number of children you have, or just a lucky number. So lets pay tribute to those special numbers in our lives.
I am going to go literally 1, 2, 3. Here is my number one.






My number one is My God, My Faith. I struggle every day with keeping Him front and center, aka. #1 in my life but this is what I wanted to show as my 1.


I decided to try my hand at a little hybrid scrapping. I just found a font I liked at dafont.com and then added pictures. I have printed it out on Cardstock and then cut it out in the shape of a the 1. I will do this with every number, punch a hole and ring together. On the back of each number I am journaling. I will have more pictures ready soon. But wanted you to get started. Just like before PLEASE send me picture when you get a page done so we can all play along. jwaters4@suddenlink.net





Here is the blank one I used. You could always print this one and then glue pictures to it.

Check out this great new site I found






It has so many craft ideas, totally crazy. WARNING. Do not go to the site unless you have hours to burn!


Speaking of crafts!!


I had so much fun with last Sunday's Craft with me. I am going to do it again. I know this Sunday is Father's day but while they are golfing lets CRAFT!

Now no-one sent me any pic. of their t-shirt pants but I know you guys still want to play with me. So I will post the idea Sunday morning and then what I made on Sunday night.


JOIN ME!

Here is the supply list so you can be ready to play:

old frame

plywood, or foam board (cut the size of inside of frame)

piece of linen or any fabric you like (a little bigger then board)

buttons

spray adhesive

needle and thread

This is so great (a Rebecca Sower Project) you are so going to be jealous if you don't do this with me!


NYOBC will be the last weekend of June.


So sorry for the date change... But I am working a walk for the church the weekend of the 19-22! (BTW please add myself and the 15 teenage girls on the walk that weekend. Randi Havlak, and Sherry Halfman are also working, to your prayers and thoughts. This is my first walk to work and I am both excited and very nervous!! I know God has great things planned for this weekend) Anyhow, that puts the walk off one more weekend. SO sorry. Just more doodling time. I have seen the next book and it looks really cool. Also if you want to continue with me or JOIN up please let me know ASAP. I have lots of great plans for NYOBC.


Here is a sample of one of the binders finished! It is so cute. I have finished mine and LOVE it. Can't wait to share it with you. I have decided to start taking pictures of projects I do as gifts and putting them in this binder to help me remember what I do. I never thought I would forget what I made but... Guess I am getting old. This binder is also great to store poems, quotes, layout ideas, sketches, etc.



One last thing...
Please let me know you are out there.

To encourage you to post a comment. I will be doing another RAK... So post a comment to this post by Sunday and my kids will draw a name for a really cool gift from me.

Love you guys

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi..Jodi..Jodi!

I miss seeing you! I am thrilled that your little one accepted Christ! What a great feeling that must be as a parent!

Have them draw my name....I need a little incentive to get my booty over to the store before you guys close!!

Luv Ya!

Kim Maier

J. Page said...

I check every day- Sorry I have not left a comment in a while. I have actually been scrappin a little... Miss and love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jody,
I am out here enjoying reading the blog. count me in the next group project on numbers. The T shirt pants look cute but I don't have a larger Tshirt. I have too many scrapbooking projects I am working on and don't want to add a craft project. Loved your number layout.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I am always here reading your blog! I look forward everyday to see if something new is up. I also want to continue with book club with you. I'm still not on your mailing list for e-mail so I don't know what's going on sometimes. Is the store already selling? Is that why there is going to be some sales this week?

Anonymous said...

I love the binder!!! Such a good idea to put pictures of gifts (and cards!) into it. What better inspiration than something you have already created!

I am back in town and will check in with ya'll this week.

Love ya,
Wynell

Selenaintx said...

I'm still hear reading girl!!!! Miss you!!!!

Selena

Mel said...

I sure miss you guys, but the blog keeps me going! Thanks for the Panera link-we have one in Wichita, and I live for their portobello and pepper sandwiches yum-o. Tell John and Ami we said hi!