Saturday, June 14

Sharing a Secret...


Growing up Homemade Ice Cream was a big deal in our house. My parents even opened a Homemade Ice Cream and Candy shop. We have this old "family" recipe and everything. So a couple of years ago I wanted to make homemade ice cream for the kids. I was at wal-mart and saw this green (to match my kitchen) ice cream maker so OF COURSE I had to have it. And it was pretty cheap. Well they had these mixes next to them and I thought well I'll give it a try. Thinking no way it would pass my very well developed ice cream palette. WELL they are great! And soooooo easy. Dump it in, add 4 cups milk and off you go! I am so serious. They even have flavors and sherbets. All just needing 4 cups milk. Of course, vanilla is always every one's fav. but the sherbets are very good! My parents even approve. I bought a bunch of mixes last summer so I have not gone to look this year, but I am sure Wal-mart still sells it. AT LEAST I HOPE so. So make a wallie run and be a total hero to your family. Just don't let them see how easy it is to make! So like the commercial where the moms acts like she cooks all day when she really just read a book! Comment and tell me how great your family thinks you are after they get their treat!

No comments: