Tuesday, July 15

Crazy Life

Ok so now I can tell you why my life has been so crazy. As most of you saw this morning in the paper my husband was named Central's new principal.


It was a hard decision... he had been at Glenn for a long time and his heart has always been there. BUT he is so excited and so am I. It was time. But it is a big change for our family.

BUT that is not all... my dad has accepted a head master job at a private school in..... BOLIVIA.

I have never been away from my parents for more than a month. I know crazy. BUT we are a very tight family and this will be very hard on us. My children will miss them so very much. Yet I know this is where God wants and needs them to be.

All of this happened in the last 2 weeks. My dad applied on a whim and Bill was not planning on changing jobs. BOY when God works he works fast. I think maybe it was for the best. Kinda like pulling off a band-aide. I would have been a mess. I was only a mess for about 10 days this way. Oh and did I mention my Dad leaves in less then a week!

And to make life a little more crazy I am in Arizona and will be for a week! My childhood BFF (we have been friends since 1st grade) flew me out here for my birthday. But again, I think it is best because I would be going crazy at home. I get home just in time to say goodbye to my dad. I am in the mountains with 60 degree weather. This is my home. This is where I needed to be to clam my heart. And God knew this.

So there you go. I know a lot of you have kept me in your thoughts and I am so grateful. Please pray for safe travels for my family and sleep for my husband!

I am so grateful for my SU family. It is such a blessing to have you in my life. THANKS

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are here. Love you
KERI

Anonymous said...

Jody,
Congratulations to the men in your life!!! Hope you enjoy your week of visiting "home" and friends. You will all survive the chaos. If God is opening the doors, He will be sure you get through them and give Him the glory.
Praying for safe travel for you and your Dad. Also, praying for Bill as he prepares "2" schools to start the school year. You and your Mom will be a great help to your guys and to your children as they adjust with you.
Love ya,
Wynell

*Waters Family* said...

Thank you so much Wynell. You are too sweet. Your words really meant a lot to me.

Robynn said...

Jody - When I read the blog I called Michael (my son the senior) in and said look who's your new principal. He remembered Bill when he came and picked up the furniture from our house. He wanted to know if Bill would remember him. I told him to tell him I was good friends with his wife and tell him about the furniture. Michael grunted as teenage boys are want to do. Then as he was leaving the room he said, "He's a really cool guy, he'll make a really good principal". High praise from a teenager. You can't get better than that. Congrats to you and Bill and your folks. They are going to have an awesome time in Bolivia. Just think of the scrpbooking opportunities too!!
Much Luv, Robynn

Anonymous said...

Jody - Wow, what turmoil in your life! It is good that you are in AZ! I know your mom and dad will miss you as much as you will miss them. Good luck to Bill, I know he will hit the ground running and not stop (as usual). Jeanie

Ami said...

Such great opportunities for Bill and your dad. I am so happy for both of them! And all of you. So glad we won't have to give up our M-W-F "coffee breaks" =)
Love you,
Ami

Pamela OConnor said...

Wow! Lots of exciting news for you and your family. I wish them both the best in their new positions. I am sure they both will do a fantastic job. Enjoy your visit in Arizona and bring home some of that cool weather with you!

Sweet Blessings, Pamela

Jeanann said...

sounds like lots of good things going on. bill will be a wonderful principal for central. he's just what the school needs.

good luck and safe journey to your father. terry waller has been a missionary in boliva for a very long time and he does wonderful things in his village and beyond.