Sunday, June 15

Ready to make something?

So like I said before this is a Rebecca Sower idea. She is so amazing. Check out her site for her pictures of the awesome project.

http://rebeccasower.typepad.com/rs_out_of_hand/2008/06/handmade-from-1.html


Cut a piece of thin plywood, matboard or foamboard to fit frame opening. Cut a piece of sturdy fabric big enough to wrap around board. Decide how you want your old buttons to be spaced and mark the places where you'll stitch on the buttons. Stitch the buttons on (not too tight). Spray the board with spray adhesive if you have it. Place the fabric over the board and wrap around to the back of the board. Secure the board to the frame. And then you get to have fun...coming up with what you'd like to hang on the buttons. An inspiration board? Family photos? Your button card collection? Anything could work and you can change them out as you like. (from Rebecca Sower)

Doesn't this look great. That Rebecca S. so talented. Can't wait to start on my own. I know exactly where I am going to hang it.

Post my own pictures later. Have fun!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am already trying to con my husband into helping with this one!! What a great idea. Will send a pic later of my finished project. How long do we have to be eligible for the surprise?

*Waters Family* said...

Let's say until next Sunday, when btw hopefully I will be posting another craft!

So glad you are excited and playing with me!!!!