Sunday, June 15

Treasures!

So while working on my Sunday craft I really wanted some vintage buttons. My mom and dad are in Corpus (getting to see the 1st sonogram of my brothers baby--- I am so not bitter!!) so I went over to moms and was looking for her sewing stuff when I found a box of all this GREAT old family stuff. Funeral programs from forever, letters, photos, even an article about a great uncle who Walt Disney film on his ranch. I had always heard the stores about Walt himself having lunches etc. with my family but really never believed it. I found a newspaper article about it!! My great-grandma "promotion" letters, even their bills from the local store. HOW cool. Yes, I did find buttons and my grandmothers sewing scissors which I so remember because I was not allowed to cut paper with them (now I so get that).


Even the boxes that everything is in are cool. One is a Halmark Christmas card box. 25 cards for $1.00!



Was so excited I wanted to share. Now off to sew the buttons onto my fabric. And now I have some way cool stuff to hang on my buttons when I am done.

No comments: